Young photographers’ competition - Get Cumbria Buzzing 2020
Get Cumbria Buzzing is calling on children aged 5–15 to enter our photography competition. The competition is split into the following age categories:
- Children aged 5–8
- Children aged 9–11
- Children aged 12–15
We would like you to send us your best camera shots of wild insect pollinators feeding on flowers, such as bumblebees, solitary bees, butterflies, moths, beetles and hoverflies. Email your photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and age when submitting your photo. The deadline for the competition is midnight on Sunday 4 October 2020.
Prizes for first place include a year’s subscription of Cumbria Wildlife Trust’s Wildlife Watch and a wildlife photographer of the year book. There will be one runners up for each age category who will receive a pollinator goody bag.
When the competition closes the uploaded images will be shortlisted for the final round of judging. The judges will assess the shortlisted images when they have been sent in and the winners and runner’s up will be selected.
- The photo must be taken by the person entering
- We only accept digital entries
- You can enter a maximum of 4 photographs
- Include your child’s name, address and date of birth with each entry
- Keep it wild! Creatures in zoos do not count as wild pollinators and are not allowed.