The gift that cares for nature too
From just £3.25* a month (that's just £39 for the year), give a gift membership.
That someone special can enjoy membership benefits.
And you'll protect Cumbria's wildlife and wild places for the future.
*based on Individual membership.
Membership of Cumbria Wildlife Trust is one of the best gifts I have ever received. I have spent the last year discovering new places and learning more about my local wildlife.
What they'll receive in their gift membership
A gift membership is the perfect present for any nature lover! They'll get:
A free welcome pack of information about their local wildlife and how they can get involved (sent out within approximately two to three weeks to either yourself or the recipient.)
- A free nature reserve guide giving you detailed information about all of Cumbria Wildlife Trust's nature reserves.
- Cumbrian Wildlife magazine three times a year & the accompanying What's On guide, which lists all our events for you to get involved with.
- Invitations for special member-only events, many of which are held on our nature reserves
- Email updates about wildlife around the county & news from behind the scenes at the Trust
- Membership card
- Access to Wildlife Trust Nature Reserves around the UK
- 100's of events & conservation days to take part in every year
- Wildlife themed car sticker
- Opportunity to get involved in a local group
- Let us know your email address & you'll receive our monthly e-newsletter and exclusive member-only news about wildlife in Cumbria.
- Family membership also includes ‘Wildlife Watch’ membership for up to 4 children at the same address; The Wildlife Watcher's handbook, Wildlife Watch magazine four times a year and posters & stickers. It’s great for getting kids interested in nature. As a Watch member, a child can come along to our family events and get involved in some really great practical and fun activities like pond-dipping, rock-pooling and mini-beast hunts.
How a gift membership helps nature
A Cumbria Wildlife Trust gift membership makes a real contribution to saving nature and special wildlife places in your local patch.
The needs for funds is ever present - we simply would not be able to continue our vital work without membership income.
- A gift membership helps to buy and care for nature reserves in Cumbria.
- It helps the Trust to inspire the next generation of wildlife conservationists.
- It helps the Trust tackle some of the biggest threats to Cumbria's wildlife.
- Being part of The Wildlife Trust movement gives Cumbria Wildlife Trust the driving force to stand up for wildlife and nature conservation on a national scale too.
Every single one of our members contributes to helping nature in Cumbria.
Here are just a few examples of the work that our members helped make possible over 2019-2020:
- 3,844 km2 of wildlife habitats were cared for
- 199,000m2 of meadows restored across 15 meadows in 13 locations
- 310,000m2 of pollinator habitat restored or created on 45 roadside verge locations
- 200 trees planted at Eycott Hill Nature Reserve
- Major hedge laying for all the boundary hedges started at Waitby Greenriggs Nature Reserve
- 20 children took part in our Wildlife Watch groups & 1,000 children engaged with nature through our visits to schools
- 69 beach cleans collected bags 1,138 bags of rubbish across Cumbria
- 7 grey seal pups were born at South Walney Nature Reserve
- 2 new Marine Conservation Zones were designated off the Cumbria coast
Want to talk to us about gift membership? Simply email Kate Harnott, Membership & Data Administrator or call 01539 816328 Lines open 9am-5pm, Monday to Thursday.