Welcome to the Foulshaw Ospreys nest cam
It costs around £12,000 to get and keep these cameras running for the season. If you enjoy watching this osprey family on these cameras - please will you help with the running costs by making a donation now? Thank you.
Osprey cam is live streaming from the #FoulshawOspreys nest at Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve, near Witherslack.
Listen to and watch the ospreys' live action via a daytime and nighttime view. And, immerse yourself into the ospreys' habitat with our new live interactive camera, kindly donated to us by Axis.
To use the live interactive camera featured above:
1. Click on the play button. It should open the YouTube app/you may need to install the YouTube app.
2. Use your mouse or tap the screen to move your view around the nest.
3. Zoom in/out by enlarging the screen using the open square symbol in the bottom right corner. Scroll to activate zoom function.
About the #FoulshawMoss breeding pair of ospreys
The ospreys that favour Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve, near Witherslack, as their breeding ground migrate to their wintering grounds in Autumn, most likely West Africa or Europe.
The male, identified by his 'White YW' leg ring, hatched at Bassenthwaite in 2008. The female, identified by her 'Blue 35' leg ring, hatched at Kielder in 2010.
Join in the conversation
Share interesting things you see by leaving a comment below with the time and/or screen shot. If you've a question for our Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve Officer tag us in social using #FoulshawOspreys or comment below and we'll come back to you as soon as we can.
With thanks to:
- Langdale based firm Radiata Specialist Tree Services for their support with the nest platform construction and ongoing web camera maintenance.
- Swarovski Optik for helping with the purchase of the telescope at Foulshaw Moss Nature Reserve
- Individuals and funders who made a donation to make this project possible.
- The amazing volunteers who are on-site in all weathers to watch the ospreys and welcome visitors.
Did you know?
Cumbria Wildlife Trust is the only voluntary organisation dedicated solely to the conservation of the wildlife and wild places of Cumbria.
Join us and help us; create and look after nature reserves, tackle climate change issues through natural solutions and inspire the next generation of wildlife enthusiasts.