Dune Engagement volunteers
We are seeking people to join our close-knit team of dedicated volunteers to help lead on creating and running a program of small group or self-led activities on our sand dunes throughout the project. Whether this may be leading walks and talks, pond dipping, nature hunts or creating sand art with the public, the role will also involve assisting at other events or even helping to promote the project through stalls. This is an opportunity for you to learn new skills, be creative, share your enthusiasm and provide people with exciting and inspiring new opportunities in nature whilst being part of a friendly self-coordinating team.
Volunteers will be given training and guidance to give your team the foundations to plan and deliver small scale events working with the support of Engagement Officer Eve Mulholland when needed. This will include planning events and use/installation of our brand new Dune Den kits.
Ideally, volunteers will :
• Be based locally to South Cumbria to deliver events at South Walney, Sandscale Haws and Haverigg dunes
• Be available on occasional weekends
• Be able to commit to running at least 3 events throughout the year and to help at stalls or assist at other Dunescape events when available
• Be able to work well as part of a self-coordinating team
• Be confident talking to groups of people
• It would be preferable for volunteers to have a full valid driving license and use of their own vehicle to get to and from sites
Join us for a session at South Walney Nature Reserve, Friday 30 April 2021 at 10:30am - 12:30pm for the morning session OR at 2:00pm - 4:30pm for the afternoon session. Meet the volunteer team, find out more about the project, learn how to use our dune engagement equipment and plan ideas for later in the year.
Group sizes are limited to 6. Booking is essential.
To book and to find out more, please contact Eve: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07918 043435
Eve would be interested to know:
- Why you would like to volunteer for this role?
- What skills and experience you have to offer